Windows VMs in an event can be configured to show a shared drive that can be accessed by hosts, instructors and participants in the event. This is typically used to facilitate file sharing during an event.
These are configured during event creation, or can be added to an existing event. If the specified shared drive does not exist, it is created when the event is launched and the first user opens the workspace.
Shared drive folders reside in an S3 bucket dedicated to your company. An Admin can use any desktop utility capable of connecting to an S3 bucket to pre-create a shared drive folder in the S3 bucket in advance, and manage shared drive folders.
To gain access to the S3 bucket, you will need an API and Secret key. These can be obtained from within Heropa as follows:
- In the left hand navigation menu, select VM Images, then select the Import tab.
- Select Upload, then in the Upload details modal, complete the following information:
- Region: Choose US East (N. Virginia)
- Select Generate credentials
- API and Secret key details will appear
- Use the credentials generated in Heropa to connect to the S3 bucket from your desktop utility of choice.
Two popular utilities are:
(Windows) S3 Browser: