In this article
Complete final checks
An event will start at the scheduled date and time that was set when the event was created.
If a pre-launch time was set the environments will also launch at this time.
Before the event starts, it's helpful to complete the following checks in the Environments tab of the event:
- Check seat assignment: Check all expected participants have a seat assigned to them. This will ensure they are able to access their environment, and that their environment appears in the Classroom tab. Unassigned seats are not displayed in the Classroom tab.
- Check environment status: This should be checked if a pre-launch time was set for the event, to ensure the environments have launched successfully.
- If a pre-launch time was set: Check the environment launched successfully, it will have a status of 'Running', 'Stopped' or 'Workspace open'. If not, it will have a status of 'Launch failed'. To re-launch the environment, select the arrow icon at the end of the environment's row, and select 'Reset environment'.
- If no pre-launch time was set: All environments will have a status of 'Not provisioned'.
Note: Even if the environments are running, participants can not access the event until it has started. The event will start at the scheduled date and time. To start the event earlier:
- Choose Start from the Action dropdown in the Top Navigation menu.
During the event
During the event, hosts and instructors can view participant environments and provide assistance when needed. Built in chat, audio and video ensures a seamless experience for event hosts and participants.
When running an event, the Host and Instructors will use the Classroom tab. This tab will provide a view of all participants, their status and a view of their virtual machines.
If the event is large, with different instructors helping different groups of participants, the icon can be used to manage which seats are visible in the classroom view.
User status indicator:
Envelope icon: Launch direct chat with the participant
IP address: This indicates the IP address of the participants virtual machine
The thumbnail view contains a screenshot of the user’s workspace that refreshes every 5 seconds by default.
Clicking the thumbnail is another way to join the workspace.
Region: This indicates which region participant is located in.
Event status indicator:
When events are used for instructor-led training, typically:
- The event will be facilitated by the Host, who will screenshare their own workpace; and
- Instructors monitor how participants are doing via the Classroom tab.
Adding time to an event
If more time is needed, use the 'Add time' feature to add time to the event, which adds time to all environments in the event. Adding time also changes the event's end date.
To add time to an event:
- Choose Add time from the Action dropdown in the Top Navigation menu.
- Add the additional time required, and select Add.
Ending an event
The event will end at the scheduled date and time based on the policy that was set when the event was created. To end the event earlier:
- Choose Finish from the Action dropdown in the Top Navigation menu.
When an event ends:
- All environments in the event stop running.
- Participants will no longer be able to access their environment.