One neat feature in Heropa is the way content can be integrated into the environment or event workspace, so that users can view content as they work with hands-on labs.
Adding content to Heropa can:
- Provide the contents of a training manual to learners taking a self-paced course
- Include step-by-step instructions to support complex exercises during instructor-led training
- Add explanatory notes to a virtual lab
- Give POC users information at each step of their trial
There are two ways to add content to Heropa:
1. Using the content module in Heropa
The Content module in Heropa provides a way to create custom content. Once created in the Content module, content can be re-used in different Courses, Environments and Events as necessary.
Here's how to create content using the Content module.
2. Adding a URL to view a document file
Another option is to give users a URL to access a file containing content. For example, this can be used to provide quick access to a pre-existing training manual. By adding a URL, a tile will be visible in the Content panel of the workspace. When selected, the file will open in a new browser tab / window.
To add a document file:
- Open the course, then the Configuration tab.
- In the Download manual link field, add the URL for the file.
- Select Save.
Where does content appear?
Content appears in a Content panel. Users can control whether the panel is visible or hidden by using the workspace controls.