Courses are used to create self-paced courses. When a course is published, end users with access to the course can see the course in their Library.
A course does not consume resources until it is launched.
When creating a course, all settings can be configured, including the required environment templates, supporting content, and policy.
Creating a course
- From the Left Navigation menu choose Courses, and then click Add from the Top Navigation menu.
- In the Create new course window complete the following information:
- Company: Select the company that will own the course.
- Users with a global role type can create a course for any company. Users with a company role type can create a course for their own company only.
- Select 'Share with all companies' if the course is to be available to all companies. If users in a company are to be directly enrolled in a course, it needs to be shared with their company. For more information, see: Assigning a Company access to a Course.
- Name: This is the name that will appear in the user's Library
- Region: Select the region to store your course
- Template: Select a template. Public templates owned by or shared with the selected Company will be available for selection.
- Code: The course code must be unique and can be aligned with corporate standards.
- Policy: Select a policy to apply to the course. Public policies owned by or shared with the selected Company will be available for selection.
Once the above information is complete, click Create.
You will be redirected to the Course details page.
Article is closed for comments.