Associating a resource with a Company
When a resource is created, a primary company is selected, and owns the resource. Depending on how you use Heropa, all resources created may have the same primary Company.
Users with a Global role type can create a resource for any company, and manage the sharing of it. Users with a Company role type can create a resource for their company only.
Sharing resources across Companies
For a resource to be visible to and available for use by other companies, it needs to be shared. The sharing concept also provides a way for resources to be restricted to select companies, if required.
When a resource is first created, there is an option to share it with all companies. Post creation, users with a global role type are able to manage the Companies a resource is shared with. To do so:
- View the details of the resource, and select the Access tab.
- In the Access tab, the Company field shows the primary company that owns the resource.
- Below this, a list of Available companies on the left shows those that do not have access to the resource.
- To provide access, use the > arrow to move a company from the Available companies list to the Selected companies list.
- To remove access, use the < arrow to move a company from the Selected companies list to the Available companies list.
- Select Save to save all changes.
Once a resource is shared with a company, that company will see the resource and be able to use it.
A template is owned by Company A, and shared with Company B, but not shared with Company C. Users in both Company A and Company B will see the template in the Templates List and also be able to select that template for use in a course, environment or event.
Users in Company C will not see the template and will not be able to use it.