Labels and tags can be added to Heropa resources to help Admins classify and categorise them.
In this article
Labels vs Tags
Labels provide a way to categorise resources and can help with categorising resources that are shared internally. Labels are visible to admin users only.
Tags can be added to Courses and Events, and are visible against these in the End user view, ie in the Library and My Labs screens.
Managing labels and tags
Labels and tags are centrally maintained via Administration > Settings, in the Labels and Tags tabs respectively.
Adding labels and tags
- Select the relevant tab, then select Add.
- In the modal, enter a Name. A different Short name can also be added, and can be useful when looking at labels / tags in lists of resources.
- Enter an optional Description of what the label / tag or is for.
- Custom Background and Font colours can also be set for the label / tag.
- Select Create.
Editing / deleting labels and tags
To edit or delete a label or tag:
- Select the relevant tab, then locate the label / tag
- Select the arrow at the end of the row, and select Edit or Delete
- Confirm the action.
When a label / tag is changed, this is reflected against any resource currently categorised with that label / tag. If deleted, they are removed from all resources who have the label / tag assigned to them.
Using labels to categorise resources
Labels can be added to the following resources: Environments, Templates, VM Images, Policies, Courses, Content, and Events.
To add a label to a resource:
- Select the resource and in the main action dropdown, select Edit information.
- In the Edit information modal, select the required label(s).
- Select Apply.
Removing a label from a resource is achieved by removing it in this same modal.
Once a label has been added to a resource, it is visible in the top panel of the resource details screen. For example, Label 1 has been assigned to the AWS Linux template below.
Using tags to help end users
Tags can be added to Courses and Events. Once a tag has been added, it will be visible against the course or event in the end user view of Heropa.
To add a tag to a resource:
- Select the Course or Event and in the main action dropdown, select Edit information.
- In the Edit information modal, select the required tag(s).
- Select Apply.
Removing a tag from a course or event is achieved by removing it in this same modal.
Once a tag has been added, it is visible against the course or event in the End user view.
For example, Tag 1 has been assigned to the Course below.