Companies is a concept used to create distinct groups of users. These may be internal or external to your organisation. For example:
An internal company could be a department, such as 'Sales engineering' or 'Training'.
An external company might be a customer that has a group of users accessing resources in Heropa.
Creating a company
- In the Administration > Companies > Companies tab select Add.
- In the Create new Company modal, enter the company's Name.
- If desired, select the Company type. For more information, see: Creating Company types.
- When a company is created, it can be given access to all existing resources, by selecting the 'Allow access to existing resources' check box. For more information, see: Sharing resources across Companies.
- Select Create.
Associating an Email Domain with a Company
Users may be able to self-register to create an account on Heropa, via a registration form, or a course or event access link. Email domains can be added to ensure that users self-registering from an email domain that has been associated to a company are allocated to that company.
To add an email domain:
- In the Administration > Companies > Email Domains tab, select Add Email Domain.
- In the Add Email domain modal, select a Company.
- Enter an Email Domain name.
- Select Create.
A Company can have multiple email domains associated with it. When a new email domain is added, any new users registering with that email domain will be added to the selected Company. Existing users are not impacted.
When resources are created, they are associated with a primary company, and can also be shared with other companies. For more information, see: Sharing resources across Companies.
Article is closed for comments.