Here are the key steps to be able to launch a virtual lab directly from an LMS.
1. Create LTI API credentials for your Company
2. Obtain the Launch URL from the Course being accessed from the LMS
1. Create LTI API credentials
Each LMS that you configure as a tool consumer for Heropa must use a unique set of API credentials. Here's how to create a set:
- From the Left Navigation menu choose Administration > Company details, and then click on the LTI tab.
- In the Create LTI keys field enter a name for your consumer key, and then click Create.
- Record the LTI consumer key and LTI shared secret to configure your LMS later.
2. Locate the Launch URL
- From the Left Navigation menu choose Courses, and then click on the course you wish to use.
- On the Course Details page open the Configuration tab and record the LTI Launch URL
3. Add these to your LMS
In order to automatically launch a Heropa course from your Docebo LMS you need to create an LTI mapping. This mapping uses API credentials and course information as part of the configuration.
To create the LTI in Docebo:
- Log into Docebo as an administrator
- Navigate to the course you wish to add a Heropa lab
- From the ADD TRAINING MATERIAL menu choose LTI
- On the LTI page complete the following information:
- Title: This is the name that will appear in the course
- Description: Inform the users to allow popups
- Launch URL: Enter the launch URL recorded earlier
- Consumer key: Enter the consumer key created earlier
- Shared secret: Enter the shared secret created earlier
- Privacy: Tick both boxes to allow user's name and email address to be populated in Heropa
- Completion: Select On opening the learning object
- View mode: Select New window (use only when the tool does not support I-frames)
- Click SAVE CHANGES
To test the LTI in Docebo:
- From the Docebo menu click Learner view
- Click on the Heropa mapping to launch a new browser tab
- Confirm that the Heropa workspace opens successfully