A VM Image is a template of a virtual machine. VM Images can be imported for use in Templates, and become live virtual machines when launched as an Environment.
There are 3 ways VM Images can be added into Heropa.
- Ask the Heropa team and they will add it in for you!
- Import directly from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Upload from an OVA file
View a list of all available / added images by selecting VM Images.
Ask the Heropa team
Import a VM image from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Heropa uses AWS as an infrastructure provider, which means you can import an existing AWS Amazon Machine Image (AMI) directly into Heropa. The AMI will need to be made accessible first. Here’s how:
- Locate the AMI in your AWS console, then choose Actions / Modify Image Permissions
2. In the Modify Image Permissions window enter 768621140189 in the AWS Account Number, then click Add Permission.
3. Verify that the AWS Account Number has been successfully added.
4. Copy the AMI ID to your clipboard
- In the Heropa Portal, from the Left Navigation menu choose VM Images, select the VM images tab, then click Add.
- In the Create new VM image window, complete the following information:
- Company: Select the company that will own the VM Image.
- Users with a global role type can create a VM Image for any company. Users with a company role type can create a VM Image for their own company only.
- Select 'Share with all companies' if the VM Image is to be available to all companies. For more information, see: Sharing resources across Companies.
- Method: AWS AMI
- Name: Enter the display name of the VM Image
- Region: Select the region where your AMI is located
- Connection type: Select the method of connecting to the VM Image
- Image ID: Enter your AMI ID
- Instance type: Set the default size for your VM image. This can be modified later.
Once the above information has been completed, click Create.
On the VM image details page enter the Username and Password, then click Save.
Note: You can optionally add a Description and User notes.
The VM image will have a status of Missing or Pending for a few minutes until the addition has been successfully processed.
When the Status is Available, the VM image is ready to use in a template.
Upload from an OVA file
- In the Heropa Portal, from the Left Navigation menu choose VM Images, select the Import tab, then select Upload.
- Complete the details in the Upload details window.